The Picture Book

(Place cursor over picture too see a brief description)

Friday, April 25, 2008

Reduce - A Brotherly Lesson

I asked my Brother to give me some feedback on my blogs, but a little to my surprise he said he didn't know what much to say.

He and his wife already live a very simple life. His in-laws, as of the previous generation who survived extreme hardship through numerous wars, are as frugal and simple can be.

These values, he said, are obvious.

Indeed, our parents and my in-laws, as well as all elderlies we know of, carry with them these very basic values.

In stark contrast the current consumer generation has difficulty embracing the same. The current economic model and the consumerism values, touted as a great triumph of the free market and human freedom, are seemingly misguided fundamentally.

No comments: