The Picture Book

(Place cursor over picture too see a brief description)

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Reduce - "It's the GREEN ECONOMY, Stupid"

Bill was at least half-right.

This week alone I witnessed no less than 10 popular magazines addressing similar issues on human population, food crises , the environment and the climate. The voice of green movement is becoming irrepressibly louder.

While the endless bombardment of information may be difficult to sort through, recognizing the very basic issues at stake is the important first step in finding our own direction. I spent a part of my "Shopping Saturday" among magazines in Borders or Barnes & Noble to educate myself, and I have come to understand issues beyond carbon emissions.

My intuition tells me that ... A GREEN ECONOMY is, necessarily, shaping up to supersede FREE ECONOMY.

It is all too obvious that our Earth has only so much to give.

No comments: